Support staff morning tea









Support staff morning tea

Kia ora koutou katoa

Ngaa mihi nui ki a koutou



I thought that I would start by telling you that I talked about all of you in my newsletter last week (I know you know that because you’ve all read it!!) and at the junior and senior assemblies on Monday.

I wanted to remind everyone about the people who work really hard to make sure we have a well run school! Of course we have all of our teachers and our senior leaders but I wanted everyone to think about all of you.


You keep our school running smoothly. You name it, you do it, often behind the scenes and usually without any questions or any fuss - no job is too big for you. From sorting the finances, doing the admin, looking after all of us, our students, us teachers and our whaanau, running the library, fixing our computers, fixing things in general, doing technician things, making the grounds look great, cleaning, and generally making our lives easier.

I know that I couldn't do my job without your "support"! This includes Raewyn, Monny and Emily making me an easter egg hunt (I found one yesterday) - and Monny buying me a Winnie the Poo onesie to make sure that I am warm and yes I have worn it (maybe last night!). Raewyn sorting out my firewood! Catching up with our lovely TAs and if I time it right getting fed down at Learning support - - always a good place to stop by when I’m on duty -!! The front office staff always helping out and pointing me in the right direction - Matt making sure that I am eating and having a drink - I think he means a tea or coffee but he might mean something else! Not sure.


Our cleaners, especially Maureen, who must look at my office and be like - flipping heck! But I’ve never heard a complaint she just does a great clean! Thank you to everyone who asks me how I am and who asks about my whaanau - that is greatly appreciated! You have all made me feel so welcome and part of the school - I can’t believe I haven’t even been here two terms. I was going to say it feels like a life time but I mean that in a positive way!!

I especially have to thank Emily who puts up with me every day - Monny likened us to a couple of muppets yesterday (I think she meant the puppet kind but who knows?) but Emily gets me and that’s great! To be honest I worry about how I cope when she is away!! - No I’ll be fine - it’s all good.


So on behalf of all of our teachers and our students I would like to thank you for all of your hard work and support. I know a morning tea once a year may not really show it but we really do appreciate you and everything you do.


I’d like to finish with this whakatouki


Me mahi tahi tatou mo te oranga o nga tangata katoa

Working together for the well being of everyone and I feel this is very appropriate as that is what you do you all work together to make sure our wellbeing is taken care of - so thank you











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021, Term 4, week 5

2021 Week 1, Term 1

2021 Week 4, Term 1